Program Details and Fees
COURSE details & fees
The Mortgage Associates Licensing Program (MAP) consists of two mandatory courses:
- The Fundamentals of Mortgage Brokerage Course (administered by RECA), and
- The Practice of Mortgage Brokerage Course (administered by AMBA)
For information on the Practice Course, please see below:
FEES & COSTS
The cost of the Practice of Mortgage Brokerage Course is $1,500 (includes first exam)
This course fee includes:
- Student Manual*
- Appendices Binder*
- Worksheets Binder (classroom only)
- Mortgage Tables Book**
*Online learners will receive the student manual and appendices in electronic PDF format, accessible through their online student account.
**Online learners will be sent the Mortgage Tables Books in the mail.
All graduates receive a one-year free membership with the Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association (restrictions may apply).
Not available at this time.
The online Practice Course provides learners throughout the province with access to the second half of the licensing program via the web. Independent study may be a suitable option for you if you do not live near a delivery institution in Calgary or Edmonton, if you are unable to attend classes, if you feel you have a strong background in the industry or for other reasons.
The online course offers:
- the same content as the classroom course
- narrated presentations
- easy to read slide notes
- pause and resume features that allow you to stop and continue the presentations at your convenience
- electronic learning manuals which can be downloaded and saved
Chapter review quizzes follow each chapter and require a passing grade of 70% to allow access to the next chapter. Note: A minimum grade of 70% on each of the chapter quizzes is required to be eligible to write the Provincial Qualifying Exam.
Learners can choose to write the Provincial Qualifying Exam immediately after completion of the course, or any time after completion as long as the exam, and re-write (if necessary), are written within one year of the start date of the Fundamentals of Mortgage Brokerage course.
How do I register for online MAP?
- Registration for the online program is ongoing. Once you have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Mortgage Brokerage course, you will receive an email notifying you of your AMBA ID and password, as well as a link to the training site. Follow the link to pay the course fee and begin your training.
Where do I pay for the course?
- Payment is accepted once logged onto the training site with credit card or PayPal.
Those wishing to register for the online course will require the following computer specifications:
- Internet access
- PC Computer (ie: Macintosh computers may experience difficulty in running Internet Explorer)
- Sound card and speakers
- Adobe Flash Viewer 8 or above
Screenshots and Demo
Click here to take a short tour of the online program.
- Username: coursedemo
- Password: coursedemo
Chapter 1: The Mortgage Associate
Chapter 2: Introduction to Real Estate
Chapter 3: The Mortgage Document
Chapter 4: Credit Bureaus
Chapter 5: Title Insurance
Chapter 6: Mortgage Qualifying
Chapter 7: Detecting Fraud & Forgery
Chapter 8: The Valuation Chapter
Chapter 9: Mortgage Mathematics
Chapter 10: Using Mortgage Application Software
Chapter 11: Marketing Advertising & Sales
Provincial Qualifying Exam
AMBA Education can assist learners with questions regarding content. If you are experiencing difficulties, or simply require clarification, regarding the material in the course, please feel free to send your questions to: