Why join AMBA?
Strength in numbers is vital to our success as an industry. Your voice matters!
AMBA has a long-standing history of affecting change in the mortgage brokerage industry. With your membership, we can continue to review, propose, battle, recommend and succeed at keeping our industry strong, successful and sustainable. Your commitment to AMBA exemplifies your commitment to your client’s best interests. In order to remain significant, and to ensure that your clients are taken care of through the largest financial transactions of their lives, we have to remain vigilant.
The importance of forging strong relationships with both provincial regulators and government is essential to bringing forward the issues, concerns and opinions of mortgage brokers. AMBA has been the collective voice representing mortgage brokers in Alberta for 40 years.
Exciting Membership Benefits
AMBA works closely with the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) and the Mortgage Broker Regulators’ Council of Canada (MBRCC) to voice your concerns and tackle industry issues.
- Become a part of shaping the mortgage industry in Alberta
- Meet and network with your peers, lenders and industry partners
- Be the first to learn about any changes that could affect your business
The AMBA Matters magazine is a great way to stay current to what is happening with the association and the mortgage industry as a whole. You will be mailed one issue every three months!
- Learn about industry events and seminars
- Full of tips and articles to help you succeed
- Stay up-to-date on products, reports and opportunities!
Receive monthly updates on important industry changes and events. AMBA publishes our popular eNewsletter mid-month for your convenience.
- Updates and access to industry news
- Get notified on job postings, local conventions and current happenings
- Find links to useful websites and online tools
- Learn the latest marketing and social media tips
AMBA has partnered with a number of companies who have agreed to discount their products and services for AMBA members. Partners offering discounts include Esso, Telus, Grand & Toy, and many more.
AMBA hosts several educational and networking events designed to give our members a head start in the industry. Members receive discounts and competitive pricing on registrations.
Our website’s Member Zone provides access to helpful industry documents and business-building tips and information to help you improve at your business. Only members have access to these helpful resources.
- Gain access to document resources
- View our AMBA Matters and eNewsletter archives
- Become eligible to join the Private Mortgage Lender Forum
- Access to tools, calculators and forms
- Edit your profile page & much more.
All AMBA members have access to post their classified or job advertisement on the AMBA website at no additional charge.
- Fulfill you staffing needs or find extra help with a part-time assistant
- Build your brokerage
- Find people within your industry who want to work with you
Our FTA Disclosure Generator gives mortgage professionals the ability to create FTA Disclosure statements in an efficient and effective manner. It’s easily accessible in our Members Zone.
Do you have a Policies and Procedures Manual for your brokerage/company? It's very important to have one in place, especially before you are audited! The good news is AMBA looks out for its members and can provide you with a template to get started. It’s a benefit of membership.
Every AMBA member receives a profile page on our website. Profile pages are easily found on search engines and will help to assist in people finding your contact information quickly and easily online.
- Add all your contact information
- Link it directly to your website or mortgage application
- Create a biography, add your photo, social media links, and more!
The verified information program (VIP) is designed to ensure our member profile pages are up-to-date and accurate. As an AMBA member, we will reward you by advertising your member profile throughout our website just for keeping your profile information current.
- Advertise at no extra charge
- Be featured on the AMBA website
- Closing one lead could pay for your membership for the next ten years!